This is the first Masterclass to be run as part of the PHM Analyst Academy, entitled “Introduction to R”.
After this one-day introduction, participants will:
- Gain an understanding of why, and in which cases, R may benefit healthcare analysts.
- Recognise and understand key terms in the R world.
Furthermore, participants will learn how to:
- Interact with R using the RStudio environment.
- Take charge of their workflow using RStudio projects.
- Import data into R from a range of formats, including Excel and CSV files.
- Produce, and save, a range of plots in ggplot2, and understand the principles of the Grammar of Graphics.
- Carry out non-trivial data manipulation.
- Join multiple tables together by selected key variables.
- Combine the steps above to conduct a simple end-to-end analysis of healthcare data and report the findings using RMarkdown.
- Identify sources and methods to quickly increase their knowledge of R (as an independent learner).
No prior knowledge of R is required, however, we will assume a moderate level of computer literacy (you should be able to navigate to particular drives and files) and it will be advantageous to have some experience of data analysis.
Booking onto this event can be arranged via your STP lead using this link. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.